July 2013: the month of long commutes and getting used to working life…
In July, I read a total of 7 books (+1 novella) and posted 8 reviews & 3 discussions. It’s been a month of contemporary reads for me, for the most part. I guess summer really does inspire contemporary romance. But the stats are down a bit, due to me working full-time now.
ReviewsThis month has been all across the board, in terms of ratings. There were books I totally LOVED and books I totally hated (GRR ADELA GRR), and everything in between. Aptly, the average rating for this month is 3.3. But I did add two books to my all-time favorites list, so overall I’m still pleased.
- Arclight by Josin L. McQuein [4 oranges]
- Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young [2 oranges]
- A Midsummer’s Nightmare by Kody Keplinger [5 oranges]
- Wait for You by J. Lynn [3 oranges]
- Inferno by Dan Brown [3.5 oranges]
- The Distance Between Us by Kasie West [5 oranges]
- The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar [4 oranges]
- Adela Arthur and the Creator’s Clock by Judyann McCole [0 oranges]
- Covert Affairs. This show is just brilliant.
- Austin & Ally. I have an unhealthy amount of feels for this show that is soooo not meant for me. BUT EEP. #iregretnothing
- This chocolate cake in a mug recipe. SO SIMPLE. And so yummy. A perfect pick me up after a hard day of work.
- Another obsession, extension of the previous one, is the Sorted Food YouTube channel.
In Real Life
- I started working! July 10th, I started working full-time at my internship. It’s been GREAT so far. I love my team, the people on my floor, and the company culture in general. The work itself is also exactly what I thought would be most interesting for me during my university studies. I really feel like it’s going to be one of the best experiences of my life.
- I’m looking to move to Amsterdam. My commute right now is pretty long (1.5 hours each way). I don’t mind that, because I use the time to read, and that’s pretty relaxing. But I can’t really leave work until after 6, and to get home between 7:30 and 8 each night (if I’m lucky and there’s no train delays) and then still having to cook and eat… it’s a bummer.
- All this adds up to me being home and awake about 4-5 hours per day (including the time it takes me to get ready in the morning and cook and eat at night). So if you’re wondering why the content on the blog is less frequent and why I’m commenting on other blogs only in the weekend… here’s your answer.
- The weather’s been beautiful! Though there were a few days that were just too hot, I was luckily in the freezing air conditioning at work. I did manage to go to the park one afternoon with one of my best friends though. We just lay in the sun, and we actually both fell asleep, haha.
- My best friend came to visit. He was only here for one day, but it was nice to see him again. I started making plans to hopefully go to London for a long weekend in October/November. (So, yeah, Amber, this’ll happen 😉 )
- I MET JUDITH YESTERDAY!!!!! So that happened. And she was awesome. And it was fun. And yeah.
How was your month? What were your favorite reads? Which of my posts did you like the best? Did I miss any interesting posts over at your blog? Did anything interesting happen in real life?