September 2013: the month of BOOK HAUL MADNESS
This month, I finally got out of my slump, and I even improved a bit compared to last month! I read a total of 6 books and posted 7 reviews & 1 discussion (sort of). If that sounds bad, think about the fact that I basically had a total reading and blogging break until around the 10th or so. So yeah. I’m getting there! October will be better!
Monthly Book Haul Vlog
Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Geek Girl by Holly Smale
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Adorkable by Sarra Manning
One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Perfect by Ellen Hopkins
The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams
The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern
Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
Goliath by Scott Westerfeld
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty (thanks Christina!)
Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan
His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan
More Than This by Patrick Ness
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill (thanks Kristen!)
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Judith from Paper Riot
Daisy from Between the Pages
Daph from Loving Books
Mel from The Daily Prophecy
Iris from Iris on Books
Amber from Books of Amber
ReviewsWe’ll just ignore that pesky little one orange read there and YAY it was a great reading month. Average rating was a 3.86. I’m definitely satisfied. There are two all time favorites here guys, with two other highly favorable ones. So yeah. Definitely satisfied.
- All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill [5 oranges]
- Geek Girl by Holly Smale [3 oranges]
- The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas [4.5 oranges]
- Adorkable by Sarra Manning [5 oranges]
- Day One by Nate Kenyon [1 orange]
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman [4.5 oranges]
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman [4 oranges]
- This is not the end though: in which I get a little personal and a little emotional.
- Meet the Author: Samantha Shannon of The Bone Season
- Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR
- Discussion: Goodreads, I’m Not Cool With Your Censorship, But I’m Not Leaving
- Jane By Design: in case you missed it, this show single handedly ruined my life. So yeah. There’s that.
- The Blessed Unrest by Sara Bareilles: Still obsessed with this album.
- Save Rock and Roll by Fall Out Boy: I was way late to this new album but OMG I LOVE IT WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE
- The Newsroom: Season 2 was so fabulous that I’ve been rewatching the series pretty much on repeat.
In Real Life
- Real life drama-llama. I kind of gave an insight into what’s going on in my life in my really long and personal post this month, which you’re not obligated at all ever to read, but yeah. I wish I could say it ended there but alas. I do want to say that I’m super thankful to everyone who is being so supportive on Twitter. I love you all ♥
- Google hangout with high school friends. I ended up staying up till 2 in the morning or so to compensate for the time difference and participate, but it was super fun. I love Google hangouts.
- BOOK CLUB. It’s finally happening! Next month, book club starts, and we’re going to read More Than This as our first book club pick. Words cannot describe how excited I am. I’m so glad I finally took the initiative to start this up 🙂
- AWESOME INTER-BLOG PROJECT COMING UP. I’m so excited guys. You know who you are. 😉 *bounces*
- Annual family reunion! It was super fun, all things considered (my mother, and my being extremely ill). But I love my family, and we made t-shirts, went on a scavenger hunt, and ate delicious sushi. All at the most beautiful location, where one of my cousins lives, I’m not kidding:
Minor little updates here, behind-the-scenes on the blog:
- I will no longer be requesting ARCs. I finally decided to do this for my own sanity, and yeah, that’s a good thing. I can take the long string of rejections no longer. I have more than enough books that I own (now) that I have not read, so there won’t be a problem there, but this gives me SO much more freedom, because now I don’t have to worry about how everything I do looks to publishers, and if life gets too busy that I can’t post four or five times per week, I just won’t. NO PRESSURE. YAY.
- I officially joined BookTube! I will be making more vlogs than just a monthly book haul. What, I’m not 100% sure of yet, but I have many ideas. More likely than not, NOT EVERYTHING will be cross-posted here, so if you’re cool, click that link and then subscribe to my YouTube channel 😉
- I will no longer be posting Waiting on Wednesdays. Much like the ARCs decision, this is for my own sanity. I find I can’t take comments that appear braggy like, “Oh yeahhhhh, I just read this and it’s soooooooo goooooooooood,” so now I won’t get them. 🙂 Not sure what I’ll replace it with, but yeah. No WoWs anymore.
How was your month? What were your favorite reads? Which of my posts did you like the best? Did I miss any interesting posts over at your blog? Did anything interesting happen in real life? And what did you think of my extra super lengthy vlog?