December 2013: the holiday season!
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer
Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Book of the Month:
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell ★★★★
- A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan ★★★½
- Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier ★★★½
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★½
- World After by Susan Ee ★★★★½
- V for Vendetta by Alan Moore, David Lloyd ★★
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon ★★★★½
- Cress by Marissa Meyer ★★★★★
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente ★★★½
- The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine ★½
- Looking for Alaska by John Green ★½
- Monthly Wrap-Up: November 2013
- Top Ten Tuesday #24: 2014 Releases I’m Dying To Read
- Book Haul #4: The Week of Auto-Approval
- Sinterklaas 101
- Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR
- Adventures of a Bookworm in London
- Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013
- Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing Me
- Merry Christmas!
- Top Ten Books I Read In 2013
- Smiling Pasta. After insisting for so long that Christina watch it, I started watching it myself, and all of the feels. Again.
- Kili and Tauriel. Did you see the Hobbit 2? Because seriously. Seriously. If anything, I am more motivated now to read the book, but I know that’s probably not a part of it.
- Doctor Who. Not only did I get a Doctor Who t-shirt and sonic screwdriver and other swag for Christmas, but then I watched the Christmas special. I… am not okay. Nope. Plus Whoufflé. *sobs*
- Maid Sama. I’ve been re-reading this manga for our Manga Project, and oh my god at the level of feels this series gives me. I can’t believe I’m finally going to read the end of it o_o Uhhh… *postpones*
In Real Life
- My department at work celebrated Sinterklaas together, and it turned out to be a hilarious evening. My team and I decided to spontaneously get some Zwarte Piet masks and it was generally just a good time. I finally got to chat with the other interns a bit more, so now that ice is finally broken.
- I celebrated Christmas Day with my dad, stepmother, stepbrothers, paternal grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousin. This side of the family never really does much together but it was actually a hilarious day. It was like a constant battle of wit. So that was a nice surprise 🙂
- I spent the next four days with my dad and stepmother and stepbrothers. It was great to see them again, seeing as how it had been almost a year, but I still do not possess enough patience to deal with my littlest stepbrother. I mean, whoa.
- Book club night with Secret Santa happened! Haha. It was great, except that Judith and Iris couldn’t be there. But I love those girls, and it always turns out to be a highlight of my month. Thanks for being awesome 🙂
A Few Announcements
- This month saw the return of Book Haul posts, instead of including it in a monthly wrap-up. I just buy too many books for that. But this means that if I do have time, I could do vlogs more easily. Possibly. Maybe.
- Would you like to join the Snuggly Oranges team? (*cough* thereby making it a team at all instead of just one person.) We have a page for that!