January 2014: a fresh start!
Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Avalon by Mindee Arnett
Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
How Zoe Made Her Dream (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer
Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
Book of the Month:
- Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer ★★★★½
- Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton ★
- Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones ★★★
- Evertrue by Brodi Ashton ★★★
- Avalon by Mindee Arnett ★★★½
- Hana-Kimi by Hisaya Nakajo ★★★
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge ★★★★★
- Uninvited by Sophie Jordan ★★★★
- Maid-sama! by Hiro Fujiwara ★★★★½
- The House of Hades by Rick Riordan ★★★★
- A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller ★★★★★
- Monthly Wrap-Up: December 2013
- Book Haul #5: The Christmas Edition
- Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014
- 2013 End of Year Book Survey
- How to Keep Track – My 2014 Yearbook & Other Useful Spreadsheets
- Top Ten 2014 Debuts I’m Excited For
- Book Nerd Problems #16: Keeping Yourself Unbiased
- How To Manage Your Book Inventory & TBR
- Book Haul #5: The One Where I Flail About Contemporaries
- Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist
- Music Match-Up #2: Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Top Ten Dystopias I Could/Couldn’t Handle
- Full Fathom Five & Why I Boycott Their Books
- Sherlock by SHINee. CHRISTINA. I BLAME YOU. I explored more k-pop this month, but THIS SONG MAN. IT HAS TAKEN OVER MY LIFE. When I’m at work, on average I listen to it 4 times per day. And strangely I regret nothing.
- Coffee Prince and Nodame Cantabile. Asian dramas ftw. I do not have enough time to watch them as I would like, but I binge watched both this month and just SO MANY HAPPY FEELS.
- I found a new favorite YouTube channel: Sleightly Musical. It combines instrumental (violin) covers of awesome songs and sleight of hand magic. I just looooove their videos and I watched all of them. No regrets.
- Men at Work. I just LOVE this sitcom. It barely gets the buzz it deserves. The new season started and as a result, I started bingewatching the first two again. I can’t even imagine how many times this makes because this show is a drug to me.
- Sherlock. It came back. It was glorious. It was brilliant. And then it was over again. And I cried. *sigh*
- Spreadsheets. Obviously.
In Real Life
- I went to the Maroon 5 concert, but while they were amazing, some idiots in the audience totally ruined it for me. From now on, I’m no longer going for standing room at concerts. No no. Can’t handle it. I was excited by the prospect though that Adam announced that the next time they would perform in Amsterdam, he and James would sing She Will Be Loved in their underwear. That was preeeeetty hilarious. And they always keep those kinds of promises. So. *sigh* Guess that means I need to go next time too :’)
- The BFF came round twice this month! In total he was only here about three days, but whatever. We always have a good time.
- Boekenfestijn, the traveling book fair, came to Rotterdam, and I went there with Daph and Daisy. I love those girls. It was a really fun day, and I cooked for them and they stalked my bookshelves, lololol. Fun for everyone :’) You’ll get to see my Boekenfestijn haul tomorrow!
- I BOOKED MY TICKET TO NEW YORK. I’M GOING TO BEA!!!!!