February 2014: in which I read like crazy!
Jenna & Jonah’s Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin
The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
Death Sworn by Leah Cypess
Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas
Unteachable by Leah Raeder
Split Second by Kasie West
Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen
On the Fence by Kasie West
Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam
The Trouble with Flirting by Claire LaZebnik
Book of the Month:
- How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer ★★★
- Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill ★★★½
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey ★
- Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance by Brendan Halpin, Emily Franklin ★★
- The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski ★★★★
- Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen ★★★★½
- Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi ★★★½
- Death Sworn by Leah Cypess ★★
- Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas ★★★★½
- Monthly Wrap-Up: January 2014
- Book Haul #6: The 2nd Boekenfestijn Edition
- Top Ten Books That Have Made Me Cry
- Book Nerd Problems #17: Spoilers
- Music Match-Up #3: The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon
- Book Nerd Problems #18: The DNF, or When Do You Give Up?
- How To Keep Track of Series
- Book Haul #7: In Which #LoveThyself Happened
- Top Reason I Love Being A Blogger/Reader
- Book Nerd Problems #19: Paws Off My Favorites! (Favorite Book Hypersensitivity)
- Authors, Let Your Readers Read in Peace
- Top Ten Books I Picked Up Because of the Title
- The Keys to My Heart #5: Surprises Under the Cover
- After reading and totally loving Scarlet, I was in the mood for more Robin Hood (and Lady Thief wasn’t out yet, so I started watching BBC’s Robin Hood. So many feelings. I ship it so hard. However, after watching the end of the second series, I’m not sure I can face the third. Just. Ugh. Nope.
- Rent. As a part of #LoveThyself, I rewatched this musical which remains one of my favorite musicals of all time. Afterwards I listened to the soundtrack pretty much on repeat for a week. Can’t ever get enough.
- The Pretty Reckless and Fall Out Boy – Next week I’m going to see them in concert! Together! I was so surprised to hear TPR was opening but excited too because I love them. I’m pumped.
- Dylan Moran has to be my favorite stand up comedian ever. I’ve been listening to his shows on repeat – also at work. I just love having that as background noise. He has exactly my kind of humor. I just love it. (FYI: his shows are on YouTube: What It Is, Like, Totally, and Monster. Enjoy.)
In Real Life
- It was a pretty slow month for me. I treated myself like a queen on Valentine’s Day, in what I dubbed #LoveThyself and that was a pretty awesome evening.
- I went to Boekenfestijn in Nieuwegein with one of my best IRL friends, and with me being on the verge of a book buying ban, I showed excellent restraint, only buying two books. PLUS I got her to buy Adorkable so ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD. And we had sushi afterwards which was yummy yummy yummy.
- Last night, book club happened, and I had a great time, like always. We mostly loved Scarlet, except for Daph, who hadn’t finished it yet either, so naturally we barely talked about the book. We’re starting to say things simultaneously and practically read each others’ minds, so, you know, that’s a thing. That’s happening.