This is a meme from The Broke and the Bookish. For info about the topics and how to participate, click here.It’s almost here! I could have written this post about any aspect about BEA, but I think what’s on most of you readers’ minds is what books will be available there. I’ve been keeping an eye on signing schedules and galley drops, and these books are at the TOP of the list of books I hope to pick up. Of course, this is based off of what’s been announced that will be available there, so if I get to the convention center and pick up galley drop schedules with whole other books on them, my priorities might change dramatically.
1. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas: I believe this is at the top of most peoples’ lists. For obvious reasons. (CHAAAAAAAAAAAAOL.)
2. The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris: FAKE DATING TROPE. HELLO. ALSO CUTE COVER. HELLO AGAIN. *desperate*
3. Glory O’Brien’s History of the Future by A.S. King: I’m an A.S. King newbie, but I’ve wanted to try her out for a while. This one sounds the most like a Debby book though – VISIONS OF THE FUTURE. TIMEY WIMEY. Most excellent.
4. Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis: SCI-FI FAIRYTALE. PRETTY COVER. WANT.
5. This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: RUMORED TO BE AT BEA. Oh I so want that to be true. *bounces* I’m not sure it is though. I don’t know. Ahhhh.
6. The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick: PW says this will be at the S&S/Touchstone booth and my eyes have been O____________O ever since. They’ve held me in approval limbo for two months on Edelweiss *pouts*
7. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld: A book about publishing. As someone who hopes to work in the industry, I must have this.
8. Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley: This is a buzz book, so I should be able to get it. Anyway. This book is just diversity diversity diversity, so must support.
9. The Walled City by Ryan Graudin: Also a buzz book – with a super pretty cover. But basically, anything Asian-inspired = want.
10. The Jewel by Amy Ewing: This is one I definitely want despite knowing better. Total cover want. I want it to be good too – but it’s being compared to The Selection so I dunno.