Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans out there – and to the rest of you, happy Thursday! (I… guess.) I’m here with the tag that is making the rounds, so you know the drill. Gillian from Writer of Wrongs
tagged me and now I have ten pesky questions to answer. (jk ilu kthnxbai)
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.
1. Which book do you own the most copies of or authors do you own the most books from?
I’m not much of a multi-copy collector, to be honest, because I don’t have the shelf space. I do have two sets of Harry Potter books – the hardcover original US covers and the hardcover UK signature editions (which I juuuuuust bought, so they’ll be in my book haul this weekend for you to flail over)… And I have both the US and UK hardcovers of Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
because they were too pretty and I couldn’t choose. #thestruggleisreal But that’s about it for doubles.
Most owned author is obviously Rick Riordan. He was at the top of the list for the TTT topic on this subject
a few months ago. And since then I’ve collected two more of his books, for a grand total of 16. *cough* And I’m not done either, I still have 3 more that I’m planning to buy. *whistles innocently* ♥ Uncle Rick is the king.
+ The Blood of Olympus + Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods
(aka I’m too lazy to stack ’em up and take another picture)
2. What book(s) do you think deserves more hype?
asdfjkl; This is such a rude question. SO RUDE. I mean, it’s all relative anyway, because what’s hyped up in the blogging sphere is often still pretty unknown in real life. THIS IS HARD. But okay, since lately I’ve been really obsessed with these authors: Miranda Kenneally
and Cora Carmack
definitely deserve more hype. Both of them write killer romances, but their books are about SO MUCH MORE than that. They are masters at creating deep and realistic characters that touch your heart whether you directly relate to them or not. And Cora Carmack also does New Adult right – there’s sexiness, but there’s also character growth and real new adult issues. SO. That.
As for other singular books that I think are GREAT and don’t get enough love: Parallel
by Lauren Miller, The Art of Wishing
by Lindsay Ribar (though asdfjkl; I still haven’t read the sequel), and Hook’s Revenge
by Heidi Schulz (because it’s for ALL ages – it’s for people who like BRILLIANT THINGS). And A Mad, Wicked Folly
by Sharon Biggs Waller. Always.
(As you can tell, I’m very good at choosing.)
3. *whistles innocently* Seen any good TV lately?
I have, actually! The Newsroom
is back with new episodes and it’s been all sorts of amazing! I’m going to be heartbroken when it ends. I’ve also been slowly binge-watching Eureka
for like two months now *cough* but I’m now in season 4 and it’s outstanding. The father-daughter feels were great in the previous seasons, but now I have a ship that is a very glorious ship and OH THE FEELS.
…What do you mean, that’s not the answer you wanted, Gillian?
4. Do you have any secret talents or quirks?
Well I’d say my spreadsheeting habit, but that’s no longer a secret, is it?
5. What was your favorite book of the last month?
I just read When Joss Met Matt
by Ellie Cahill (a.k.a. Liz Czukas) last week, and it was SO GOOOOOOOOOD. It’s banterfluff perfection with added new adult sexiness (but not actually that explicit). So many lols, so many feels. You guys had better all put this on your to read lists because EEEEEEEEEEEEP.
6. How did you start reading YA?
*cough* Well I’ve talked about my somewhat shameful (read: nonexistent) reading history
… but the short version of the story is: I hated reading as a kid – I thought it was boring and chore-like. So I didn’t do it much, until The Hunger Games
movie was approaching and I read the series in January or February 2012. Yep. Loved that, searched for books like it, ended up on Goodreads with 10,000 options, and voila.
7. What food are you craving right this minute?
Chocolate. Anything and everything chocolate. Warm chocolate chip cookies or brownies would be the absolute best please send me some.
8. What’s your Hogwarts House and why?
Ravenclaw – chosen by me, confirmed by Pottermore. I dunno, I guess I wasn’t a major bookworm as a kid, as you can tell from question 6, but I was always smart. I learn really freaking quickly and school was always a breeze for me. Plus my favorite color growing up was always blue. And I dunno. I like it. I’m not brave enough for Gryffindor, I’m not kind enough for Hufflepuff, and I’m not really cunning like Slytherin either, so it just fit. Plus the way they described the Ravenclaw common room in the last book? SO COOL. WANT. And I actually have proof that I live and breathe Ravenclaw!
9. If you could make any fictional animal your pet, who would it be?
10. What’s your superpower? (Not which one do you want, but which one do you have?)
Err… unhealthy food pitching? I can get anyone to ditch any kind of diet or healthy eating streak by simply mentioning ten billion times how delicious pancakes and pizza are. And bacon. And oliebollen. And cookies. And brownies. This is a superpower, right?
ANYONE WHO WANTS TO DO THIS BECAUSE I BELIEVE EVERYONE’S BEEN TAGGED ALREADY. IF NOT, YOU ARE NOW TAGGED. And otherwise you can answer (some of) my questions in the comments or something. I dunno. Go wild!
- Choosing is hard, so okay, what are your top 3 OTPs?
- You get to follow any author around for a day to hang out with and observe their writing process… who do you pick?
- Which fictional character(s) have you related to the most or has taught you the most about yourself?
- What is one book or series that you would force EVERYONE to read, if given the chance?
- Who are your auto-buy authors?
- Which tropes or clichés do you secretly (or not so secretly) LOVE?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you most like to go?
- Which 2015 releases are you SUPER EXCITED for?
- What is the #1 thing on your “Reader-Blogger Wishlist” (#RBWL)?
- You can have the dress from any “pretty dress cover” – which one would you choose?