This is a meme from The Broke and the Bookish. For info about the topics and how to participate, click here.A TBR is a mysterious thing. Ever growing despite all of my attempts to trim it down. Seriously, I read so much in March that I was SO CLOSE to finally getting that Goodreads shelf to under 500 but then… yeah, my latest book haul happened. Oops. Anyway, here are 10 books I discovered recently and added to my TBR – and to mix it up a bit, half of the list will be unreleased books and half will be backlist books 🙂
Recent Backlist Discoveries
1. Chase Me by Tessa Bailey: I’ve been reading a TON of New Adult books this month, so I’ve been trying to find more titles of the kind I would like (you know, not too angsty/dramatic). This one came highly recommended by Cora Carmack – it was her favorite NA she read last year and she said it’s HILARIOUS. That sounds like exactly what I want.
2. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare: During my NA binge, I was talking with Christina about how I want to try historical romance at some point for more swoony swoons. She followed that with about TEN THOUSAND SUGGESTIONS, because obvi, and this one is at the top of my list. Probably. I think.
3. Decked with Holly by Marni Bates: I *think* this was a GR recommendation, but it sounds sooo cute! Fake dating AND celebrity romance. TWO OF MY FAVORITE TROPES. Maybe I’ll read this around Christmas this year.
4. The Circle by Sara Bergmark Elfgren and Mats Strandberg: Samantha Shannon has been raving about this series for AGES, but particularly this tumblr post made me finally go OKAY FINE YES I NEED THIS.
5. Manga Classics: Emma by Stacy King: I’ve been meaning to check out these manga classics for ages because (a) I love manga, and (b) they keep doing the classics I love most!!! I MEAN, EMMA?!?!? I needs.
1. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston: “A high fantasy fusion where Scheherazade tangles with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” = gimmeeeeeeeeeeeee.
2. Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith: Spying. On. Dreams. That. Cover. Must. Has. Now.
3. A Matter of Heart by Amy Fellner Dominy: I’m not *entirely* convinced by this one, and I will likely wait for some reviews first, because deadly heart condition? Not typically my thing. But she’s a SWIMMER, on track for the Olympic trials. Competitive swimming is very much my thing. We shall see.
4. The Next Together by Lauren James: One of the surprising things that I actually love is the concept of reincarnation. So this – teens born again and fall in love each time but end up separated? I AM VERY CURIOUS and also THAT COVER IS VERY GORGEOUS.
5. Calvin by Martine Leavitt: I’m sooooo curious to read a book about a schizophrenic MC, but this one!! The kid believes his life is linked to Calvin & Hobbes!! OMG please be amazing.