June 2015: in which I made some blog changes!
Tangled Webs by Lee Bross
Under the Lights by Dahlia Adler
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (audio)
William Shakespeare’s The Clone Army Attacketh by Ian Doescher
The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
Jesse’s Girl by Miranda Kenneally
Book of the Month:
Total books read: 11
Total pages read: 3,890
Average rating: 3.68
1 2015 debut authors read
3/11 (27%) standalones, 8/11 (73%) series
7/11 (64%) paper, 3/11 (27%) pixels, 1/11 (9%) audio
Total books read: 66
Total pages read: 23,335
Average rating: 3.48
13 2015 debut authors read
32% standalones, 68% series
41% paper, 50% pixels, 9% audio
- The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker ★★½
- The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen ★★★★½
- The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord ★★★★★
- Tangled Webs by Lee Bross ★★
- Under the Lights by Dahlia Adler ★★★★½
- The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West ★★★★½
- The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley ★★★½
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson ★★
- Monthly Wrap-Up: May 2015
- Top Ten Books I’d Love To See As Movies or TV Shows
- Most Wanted: June 2015
- Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For July – December 2015
- Book Haul #23: Short and Sweet
- Top Ten Books On My Summer 2015 TBR List
- A Fitting Ending or a Cliché Disappointment?
- The State of the Blog
- Most Wanted: July 2015
- Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far In 2015
On the Big ScreenMovies:
Legally Blonde: Rewatched after seeing multiple people doing the same on Twitter. But seriously, how great is this movie? Elle is like a feminist icon. And that ship still gives me feeeeeeels.
Legally Blonde 2: Rewatched as well. It’s never as good as the first, but it’s still funny. I miss great romcoms like this, I feel like we don’t get these anymore.
Avengers: Age of Ultron: THIS MOVE WAS SO GOOD GUYS. The subtle witticisms, the pretty action scenes, but most of all: those characters. I’m thinking this summer I’ll rewatch all the MCU films. I just can’t get enough.
I actually didn’t binge ANY series this month, but I have some thoughts on those that are/were airing:
Game of Thrones: THAT ENDING KILLED ME. I literally fell onto the floor and started crying. Don’t. Touch. Me.
Younger: So glad this series is getting a second season! I love getting the inside look into the publishing industry, though I know a lot of it’s exaggerated. Also I just love seeing Hilary Duff on my screen again.
Suits: SUITS IS BACK and I am soooo excited. I already had some happy tears in my eyes at the series premiere. I just love those characters so so much. I’m ready for my ship to happen this season – hopefully BEFORE the mid-season break.
Through My Speakers
In Real Life
- Mostly I’ve been getting used to the job, and I’m actually surprising myself with how well I’m adjusting to all the new people. My colleagues are all rather young – a majority are in their 20s, I think – and we have drinks after work every Friday, which has been super fun.
- I treated my mother to a high tea at Hotel New York as a belated mother’s day gift! It was nice, though the service was pretty awful, and we had way too much food left over.
- I’ve been going shopping a lot, mostly because I finally booked my vacation! The BFF and I are going to Turkey for 8 days at the end of August/beginning of September – to a beautiful beachfront all-inclusive resort. Much sunshine, reading, and drinking is in my future. I cannot wait. Less than 2 months to go!!!
- Book club! We tried out a new restaurant and laughed for hours, as per usual. Seriously though, we’re starting to finish each other’s sentences at a rate that is slightly alarming. (JK LOVE YOU GIRLS.)