Every once in a while, I come across a song that fits perfectly with a book I’ve read. In this feature, I’ll tell you about them!
The Archived & The Unbound
Yeahhh, this feature has been on a long hibernation – but the perfect match between book and music isn’t something you stumble upon on a daily basis. Honestly, I’ve been sitting on this one for a while though and now I just have to get it out.
by Victoria Schwab
My love for The Archived and The Unbound honestly knows no bounds. It is one of my favorite series of all time, for sure, and if you are not convinced by that statement alone, you need to go read my reviews. It’s so much more than your average paranormal romance. It’s smart, the characters are great, the ship is a freaking killer, and the story sucks you in and chills you to your core.
The story goes as follows: Mac is a Keeper tasked with keeping violent ghosts (Histories) from escaping from the Archive, where the dead rest on shelves. When Histories start being altered and erased, she gets sucked into a mystery that puts her life in danger a fair few times. Along the way, and somewhat against her will, she gains a
- Fall Out Boy is one of my favorite bands. It deserves a mention.
(I SAW THEM LIVE LAST WEEK AND IT WAS AWESOME. EXCEPT THAT THEY DIDN’T PLAY THIS SONG.)
- Wesley is also known as Guyliner. He’s into (punk) rock-ish music and (you guessed it) wears eyeliner.
- When Wesley touches Mac, the noise she hears is a mess of guitars and rock music.
- The story takes place in a former hotel that was transformed into an apartment building. It’s a little old and shabby, and okay maybe it’s going to crumble into dust one of these days.
- In The Unbound, in particular, Mac has nightmares and pretty much the only thing that will sooth her is Wesley’s noise.
There’s a room in a hotel in New York City
That shares our fate and deserves our pity
I don’t want to remember it all
The promises I made if you just hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
And I just need enough of you to dull the pain
Just to get me through the night ’til we’re twins again
‘Till we’re stripped down to our skeletons again
‘Till we’re saints just swimming in our sins again