This is a meme from The Broke and the Bookish. For info about the topics and how to participate, click here.The year is almost over!! Where has the time gone? But that just means it’s time to get our affairs in order: to crown our favorite reads of 2015 and look forward to all the goodness 2016 will bring. For this list, I am excluding sequels – because otherwise you’ll just be rolling your eyes as I moan about The Rose and the Dagger, Kingdom of Ashes, A Court of Mist and Fury, and The Skylighter just like you knew I would. (Oh, did I just mention them anyway? Oops.) Here are some of my most anticipated titles! And yeah, trimming down the list was exquisitely painful.
1. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard: *quietly mentions book and then quietly sneaks away from hype monsters*
2. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab: NEW YA FANTASY FROM V SCHWAB. WITH SUPER AWESOME COVER. AHHH. I have the eARC of this and will probably devour it months early. And I will not be sorry.
3. The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan: I KNOW, it’s looking very much like Riordan is now milking it. But also I seriously cannot resist. To have another book with Greek mythology as the focus? I MUST HAS.
4. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson: This sounds just as fun, happy, and voice-y as Since You’ve Been Gone and so I need it in my life ASAP. And that cover is twenty different kinds of adorable ♥♥♥
5. This Is My Brain on Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer: EEEP I just found out about this like two weeks ago, but it sounds SO GOOOOOOD. Also, one of the best titles ever. So a super smart girl thinks she figured out the science of love… but then shippity shenanigans are sure to ensue. IT SOUNDS SO FLUFFY AND ADORABLE AND I MUST HAVE IT ASAP.
6. All the Feels by Danika Stone: First off, another one of the best titles ever. Second, I’m so game for books about fangirls!! Here, Liv is so devastated when her favorite character is killed off, she starts an online campaign to bring him back to life. It sounds hella fabulous and hilarious.
7. Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw: Another awesome fangirl-centric book! This time it’s about a fanfiction writer 😀 😀 😀 and then she starts writing fanfiction about her classmates… OMG I want it so badly.
8. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows: Amazing author combo for a very exciting historical fiction premise. I’ve been looking forward to this for AGES, but the wait is almost over!!!
9. Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar: How awesome is this title and this cover? Oh my, it already speaks volumes of how awesome the insides will be. I don’t often read paranormal novels, but Ribar has a good track record with me so far, and this sounds way too cool to pass up.
10. Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes: Where would this post be without a shout out to the amazing Paula Stokes? I can’t wait to read this one. There’s sure to be some comedy and fluff, but I also heard it tackles some anxiety stuff in amazing ways. Hell yes!!