This is a meme from The Broke and the Bookish. For info about the topics and how to participate, click here.I’m simultaneously excited and super anxious about making this list because WAIT SINCE WHEN IS 2015 ALMOST OVER? I’m coming to you a little later this Tuesday to shout about amazefabulous books you definitely should (have) read.
1. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: Yeah, I pretty much called it the minute I finished this book, but it is unquestionably on top of this list. This story just made me so happy and is so important. I can’t praise it enough.
2. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: OH MY GOD. This book pretty much blew me away with its amazingness. Seriously, I fell so hard for all of the characters, and the ships were so fantastic, and the story was thrilling, and the world building was incredible… Man, I feel like rereading it already.
3. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord: SO MANY FEELS ALL OF THE FEELS. Seriously this one hit me haaaard. I got so attached to Paige and related to her so much… and that ship is all kinds of slow burn gloriousness. Worthy of rereading. THE FEELS.
4. Vicious by V.E. Schwab: I was super late to this super villain party but OH MY GOD. This book is amazing. So thrilling, dark, and complicated. Victor Vale stole my heart. There may not be any romance here, but this book gave me a LOT of feels. Epic doesn’t even begin to cover it.
5. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson: My first Matson book but definitely not my last. This book was so sweet and feelsy and voice-y and wonderful. Honestly, it completely absorbed me and I just wanted to read it non-stop.
6. Every Word by Ellie Marney: I binged this whole series this year, but the middle book is definitely my favorite. Super intense kisses, super intense mystery, with a HEARTSTOPPING CLIMAX BECAUSE OH GOD MY POOR BBS BETTER BE OKAY. All of the yeses.
7. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh: Hands down one of the best fantasies and one of the best debuts of the year. Ahdieh’s writing is lush and gorgeous, and she creates worlds and characters with so much complexity… Instant love. Oh man I need that sequel.
8. Dark Triumph / Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers: I know, I’m cheating. But I had to cheat SOMEWHERE on this list obviously. (I have 11 5 star books so far, so.) Also, these are conveniently next to each other on my list. So yeah. ANYWAY. I binged this series this year and it is so epic. A perfect blend of historical fiction and fantasy with kick-ass main characters and super swoony romance. What more could you possibly want?
9. Catching Liam by Gennifer Albin: HUZZAH, an NA title makes the list! But seriously, this book did a number on my feels. The romance was top notch and so sexy, but the story took a turn and actually had some DEPTH that I could get behind. We’ll pretend the second book in the series doesn’t exist, and just stay in this realm of glorious feels, k?
10. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness: asdfjkl; this book is completely unique. Okay, it’s super meta and smart and funny, but it also tackles anxiety in a way that makes me like OMG THIS BOOK GETS MY MIND. And that’s basically the best feeling to ever ever have. And for that reason, I’ll hug it forever.