December 2015: and so the year ends!
Winter by Marissa Meyer
The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak
Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira
The Deal by Elle Kennedy
Book of the Month:
Total books read: 5
Total pages read: 2,418
Average rating: 4.3
1 2016 debut authors read
0/5 (0%) standalones, 5/5 (100%) series
3/5 (60%) paper, 2/5 (40%) pixels
Total books read: 109
Total pages read: 39,679
Average rating: 3.67
15 2015 debut authors read (+1 2016)
28% standalones, 72% series
50% paper, 45% pixels, 5% audio
- Every Word by Ellie Marney ★★★★★
- Every Move by Ellie Marney ★★★★½
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★★
- Bounce by Noelle August ★★★
- The Epic Adventures of Lydia Bennet by Kate Rorick, Rachel Kiley ★★★★
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery ★★★★
- Monthly Wrap-Up: November 2015
- Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2015
- Top Ten (Okay, Eleven) Best Books I Read in 2015
- Book Haul #29: In Which I Show Astonishing Restraint
- Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree (2015)
- Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases of the First Half of 2016
- Most Wanted: January 2016
On the Big Screen
TV Series:The Royals: I was having so many feelings about the new episodes that I went ahead and binged the first season again as well. SERIOUSLY THOUGH SO MANY FEELS. Jasper made me cry in THAT ONE EPISODE and like seriously, my shiiiiiiiiiiip.
Doctor Who: Two parts of Doctor Who goodness in December – I finally caught up on series 9, which I will grudgingly admit is better than series 8, and I started watching series 5 and 6 with the biffle. He’s a bit of a Doctor Who n00b, started with 12 and now I’m trying to catch him up. He thinks it’s ridiculous but fun. And, well, that’s pretty spot on. SO MANY FEELS about 11 though. Forever my Doctor. I miss youuuu ♥
Movies:How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Annual rewatch, and yeah, I can still quote the entire thing.
Christmas with Holly: SO HEARTWARMING. Seriously. It was on TV so we had no idea what it’d be like, but it really was a cute, lovely, charming Christmas movie.
The Sound of Music: Kiiind of a rewatch, but it’s been ages, so I remembered very little. But it’s a classic.
A Princess for Christmas: It was on TV and I couldn’t resist – I mean, my obsession with The Royals demanded it, and I adore Katie McGrath. It was entertaining but not really special. Over in a flash.
Les Miserables: Rewatch – and still absolutely fabulous.
The Grand Budapest Hotel: Yeahhh I don’t think Wes Anderson is my kind of director. This movie was pure nonsense. IMO, overrated.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens: OH MY GOD IT WAS SO GOOOOOD. It took me ages to see it because I’d promised the biffle we’d go together but WORTH IT. Rey is EPIC – motherfucking QUEEN – and also I need a BB-8 in my life STAT. I was spoiled about the spoilery death, but it still hurt. But I’m so excited. Fantastic movie. I want the next oneeeeeee.
Through My Speakers
In Real Life
- December started off with uber stress for the company’s formal Christmas party. I went shopping SO MUCH this month, but also I got the best dress ever, which got millions of compliments at the party, and they hired people to do our hair and makeup so it was all super glamorous. The party was all right, but the music really sucked, so I just didn’t feel like dancing at all. And everyone brought their partners so I felt like a little kid at the adult table… Oops.
- Work switched up this month as I started my new role working as (more or less, title still pending) marketing coordinator for our US office. It’s so much more diverse and interesting, so I’m really loving it. And right before the holidays, I got a bunch of compliments for my hard work too 🙂
- CHRISTMAS! I spent the 24th-27th with my mom. Christmas with just the two of us. Maybe not as festive as I’m used to, but it was a nice and lazy holiday. Lots of food, movies, and lazinggggg. Some games. But mostly lazing. Seriously it feels like those days FLEW by. I got NO BOOKS for Christmas (*gasp*) but I did get a TRIP TO FREAKING WASHINGTON DC (where my sister lives) and an EPIC sandwich press/waffle maker. So not freaking bad.
- And then I left to celebrate New Year’s in Birmingham! With the biffle, of course! We mostly ate ALL OF THE THINGS and DRANK ALL OF THE ALES and yeah. I got him to start watching more Doctor Who (WIN!) and he got me to learn how to play Star Wars: Battlefront a bit better (^^;) and we played canasta (best card game ever) and yeah. The weather sucked so we didn’t get out much, but we did visit Stratford-upon-Avon and go to see Star Wars. Which, you know, feels. I just got back today and I’m kind of sad to be home, but the biffle is moving back to the Netherlands in two weeks so we’ll see each other again soon 🙂