February 2016: what a whirlwind
Call Me, Maybe by Ellie Cahill
The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas (re-read)
Kingdom of Ashes by Rhiannon Thomas
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Book of the Month:
Total books read: 6
Total pages read: 2,137
Average rating: 3.3
1/6 (17%) standalones, 5/6 (83%) series
1/6 (17%) paper, 5/6 (83%) pixels
Total books read: 11
Total pages read: 4,088
Average rating: 3.7
9% standalones, 91% series
36% paper, 64% pixels
- Winter by Marissa Meyer ★★★★½
- The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine ★★★
- Call Me, Maybe by Ellie Cahill ★★★
- The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig ★★
- Kingdom of Ashes by Rhiannon Thomas ★★★½
- Monthly Wrap-Up: January 2016
- 2015 End of Year Book Survey
- 2015 Reading Statistics
- Book Haul #31: In Which I Complete My Collections
- 2015 Favorites
- Most Wanted: March 2016
On the Big Screen
TV Series:Suits: As far as airing shows go, I’m pretty much only watching my sitcoms, but I have kept up with Suits and OH MAN my anxiety right now is through the roof.
How I Met Your Mother: I’ve still almost exclusively been binge rewatching HIMYM. It’s just super relaxing. And after busy days, it’s the only thing I still want to do at night. I am like 2 episodes away from the VERY END though and I’m skipping that last episode because NO SIR.
Movies:Snow White and the Huntsman: I rewatched this after reading The Shadow Queen just ‘cuz. It’d been a while. Yeah, spoiler alert: it’s still not good. Womp womp. (2.5/5)
Deadpool: YEAH BOI. Oh my god, this movie is SO AWESOME. One of my all time fave superhero movies. I laughed so hard I almost cried. It’s so meta and smart and funny. And Ryan Reynolds = yum. Always. (4.5/5)
Through My Speakers
In Real Life
- February basically flew by because of two main events: my dad came to visit! And it was the first time in over a year that I got to see him, so THAT was overdue. I met the new girlfriend, who is really nice, and we visited Kinderdijk to see the windmills, Volendam and Marken (where we spotted Dutch celebrity Jan Smit), and my grandparents… who are really getting old. NGL, it was pretty tough. And four full days of family time is EXHAUSTING.
- I then spent the next weekend at my best friend’s new apartment! 🙂 He’s all settled in to his new job and the apartment looks SUPER nice. As usual, we ate all of the things (new favorite place: Amsterdam Foodhallen), went to see Deadpool, and I helped him pick out a color after which we painted his living room. I swear he can make no decisions alone.
- Book club: in which I failed to read the book (but hey, we’re all allowed some leeway now and then) but ate delicious tapas. Those croquettes with Iberico ham? To. Die. For.
- And work’s been busy but rewarding: one of the US colleagues came around, so I was basically his guide for 3 days, which was cool – but they were LONG days (with yummy dinners, so no harm no foul). He’s super fun and that makes me even more excited to visit the office in April. Technically, this is a March thing, but yesterday my manager sent an email to the ENTIRE COMPANY about how happy he is with me, how much I’m helping the US team, going above and beyond, yadda yadda yadda… NGL, I printed out that email and will save it for rainy days. So unexpected, but so lovely 🙂