This is a meme from The Broke and the Bookish. For info about the topics and how to participate, click here.How are we already almost halfway through 2016? This year is flying by, I swear. I don’t even have that many new releases for the rest of the year on my radar, but there are at least 10 that I can’t wait to get my grabby hands on. Here we go!
Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases
for July – December 2016
1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne: I.. I cannot. It didn’t hit me until just now basically that we are seriously getting an 8th Harry Potter book. Even if it’s a script. My mind just cannot process this sheer awesomeness. At least I have another month to get myself mentally prepared for this.
2. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: YES YES YES. Six of Crows blew me away last year. It was just so awesome and it had EVERYTHING: awesome characters, beautiful writing, excellent world building, heartstopping action, and swooooony ships. So I CANNOT wait to dive back into this world. I needs it.
3. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West: I AM SO READY FOR THE CUTE, YES I AM. #soclose
4. Heartless by Marissa Meyer: There are people with ARCs of this and that’s just… heartbreaking. But yeah. Love Marissa, love her writing, love Alice in Wonderland… I am so ready for this.
5. Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally: It’s time to go back to the Hundred Oaks universe, which is basically one of my favorite events of the year. SOCCER, this time – a sport I actually really care about. EEEE.
6. The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson: This series and I got off to a rocky start, but I actually really loved book 2? The main character so grew on me. Now I can’t wait to see how it all comes together in the end. I hope it’s as badass as the cover.
7. Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine: So ready for more of this totally different and refreshing dystopia. Also for more Wolfe. The first book ended up being surprisingly brutal towards the end, so I’m very curious how this series is gonna go.
8. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor: I am REALLY excited about this despite the fact that I’m leagues behind RE: Laini Taylor. I mean, I read 1 of her books. I have 3 others lying around… unread. Maybe this new one will trigger me to do a full Laini binge, which I think would be worth it. Her writing is just too beautiful.
9. The Graces by Laure Eve: I have heard some REALLY good things about this, most prominently from Samantha Shannon. It sounds cool anyway, all witchy and stuff. Also cover love.
10. Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh: I freaking ADORE Hyperbole and a Half, so when I found out there was going to be ANOTHER book I pretty much jumped right out of my chair. I CANNOT WAIT. More awesome, relatable stories with those fun and quirky drawings. 🙂 🙂 🙂 COME TO ME PRECIOUS.