June 2016: what a whirlwind!
June was incredible, amazing, busy, and exhausting. I was sick for a couple weeks, which was the low point… but it all got better after that. I read a lot, had another relaxing weekend at my aunt and uncle’s house in the country, and then… had my big, brilliant business trip to New York Cityyyyyyyyyy. I’m still asking myself how this is my life right now.
The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
The Vile Village by Lemony Snicket (re-read)
Wanderlost by Jen Malone
The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket
The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket
Make It Count by Megan Erickson
Book of the Month:
Total books read: 8
Total pages read: 2,721
Average rating: 3.6
1/8 (13%) standalones, 7/8 (87%) series
7/8 (87%) paper, 1/8 (12%) pixels
Total books read: 47
Total pages read: 15,609
Average rating: 3.6
28% standalones, 72% series
60% paper, 38% pixels, 2% audio
- First & Then by Emma Mills ★★★★
- When We Collided by Emery Lord ★★★½
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson ★★★★½
- The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller ★★★
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs ★★★
- Monthly Wrap-Up: May 2016
- Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Fluffy Romance
- Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for July – December 2016
- Book Haul #35: In Which All the Books Are TOO PRECIOUS
- Top Ten Favorite Reads in 2016 So Far
- Top Ten Books On My Summer 2016 TBR List
- Most Wanted: July 2016
On the Big Screen
TV Series:Game of Thrones: OH MY GOD. This season’s finally been picking up the pace and I am so excited about so many things. I mean, there was less heartbreak, and MORE of the actual bad guys died, so that’s a plus. There is one character I’ll miss, but I’m SO EXCITED ABOUT THE REST. ALL OF IT. AHHHHH. I need season 7…
Daredevil: I’m almost done with season 2, and it’s definitely getting better. The Punisher is like VERY VERY intriguing to me. Love this storyline.
Geordie Shore: Okay, so I binged through to series 5. BUT THEN I ACTUALLY STOPPED FOR A WHILE, so be proud of me. I just can’t resist the crazy. And I’m starting to ship Gary and Charlotte to ridiculous amounts regardless of their constant drama.
Euro Cup 2016: I REGRET NOTHING but I am a Euro Cup whore. I watched all the games that I was able to – though I missed some of the better ones while I was in New York. Anyway, as always I love my German babies, but I’m also really really pro-Wales this year. They’re awesome!!
Movies:You’ve Got Mail: Standard movie for sick days~ always flawless. (4.5/5)
The Proposal: Words can’t even describe how much I love this movie. It was a rewatch, but long overdue. Also – Ryan Reynolds is unfairly hot. (4/5)
Made of Honor: Another rewatch on my sick day binge. I regret nothing. This movie makes me really happy. (4/5)
Pitch Perfect: Sick Day #2 started with Pitch Perfect. It’d been a while since I watched it and DAMN I love this movie so much. The last song in particular. I rewinded it like 3 times. Whoops. (4/5)
Pitch Perfect 2: I actually hadn’t watched this yet. And I didn’t like it that much. It fell into more “stupid” humor, which I dislike, and I cringed at the German stereotyping because SERIOUSLY DO NOT. (2.5/5)
Up in the Air: A rewatch, but this used to be one of my all time favorite movies. Now, I didn’t like it as much. It was cool to see though Anna Kendrick as the recent grad who thinks she knows the real world, and the business trip side of it. Personal relevance ftw. The romance aspect made me sad though. Really sad. (3.5/5)
Deadpool: Rewatch in the plane. Still flawless. Must buy Bluray soon. (4.5/5)
This Means War: Another rewatch, also in the plane. Chris Pine is too sexy. I can’t. (3.5/5)
Finding Nemo: Another plane rewatch and EEEE I’m so excited for Finding Dory now. This is such a feel good movie. (4/5)
Through My Speakers
In Real Life
- So first off, I was pretty sick for a week and a half or so. I ended up having to cancel my weekend with the biffle, which sucked.
- We had a belated May book club meeting and it was AWESOME. Yummy food and yummy looking waiter. The book up for discussion was The Forbidden Orchid which we all felt a little lukewarm about.
- A weekend in the country: my uncle was playing at the Fête de la Musique in Ermelo, so I joined him there and then went on to stay at his wonderful home in the country. It was so nice again, the weather slightly less so, but the company was great. And the fresh air definitely helped me feel better after my sickness.
- Then the BIG EVENT. June 22nd I left on my business trip to New York. It was INCREDIBLE. I loved being together with my US team, getting to know them better. I got to see my first ever trade show as an exhibitor at the Javits which was kind of SURREAL. And I got to help with a couple photo shoots which culminated in a HELICOPTER TRIP INTO MANHATTAN. I DON’T KNOW HOW THIS IS MY LIFE, but it is amazing. We also had a huge party on a rooftop overlooking the Empire State Building, and woah… I’m just incredibly amazed and thankful that I got to be a part of this. I also got to know my managers on a much better level and feel like I impressed them, so that’s awesome 🙂 I love my company so much! I am completely wiped out though. This weekend I can barely get myself off the couch.