August 2016: TWENTY-FIVE
The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
Run by Kody Keplinger
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
Make It Right by Megan Erickson
The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
Make It Last by Megan Erickson
My Unscripted Life by Lauren Morrill
Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge
Book of the Month:
By a landslide.
Total books read: 11
Total pages read: 3,600
Average rating: 3.23
6/11 (55%) standalones, 5/11 (45%) series
7/11 (64%) paper, 4/11 (36%) pixels
Total books read: 62
Total pages read: 20,742
Average rating: 3.5
34% standalones, 66% series
63% paper, 35% pixels, 2% audio
- Vicarious by Paula Stokes ★★★★
- Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw ★★★
- Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally ★★★
- The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett ★★★★
- Run by Kody Keplinger ★★★
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West ★★★★★
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury ★★★½
- The Ten Books at the TOP of My Wishlist Right Now
- Monthly Wrap-Up: July 2016
- Pokémon Go Book Tag
- Book Haul #37: Full O’ Faves
- Most Wanted: September 2016
On the Big Screen
TV Series:Say Yes to the Dress: The addiction continued! And derailed my plans of watching actual TV series. Oops.
Suits: I did actually keep up with Suits (in that I caught up last weekend)… and I dunno. I don’t really like this season. I feel like the show has plateaued.
Shadowhunters: So we started watching this at our book club sleepover last weekend, delighting each other with snarky commentary, but I’m kind of hooked. It’s so bad. It’s ridiculous. Clary and Jace are The Worst. But I guess they deserve each other. But, well, Matthew Daddario. So okay, he can stay.
Movies:Beauty and the Beast: A rewatch after seeing the musical, but I realized I never really watched this one that much. Regardless, it is wonderful. Because duh. (4/5)
Vampire Academy: Another sleepover snark-watch, but holy crap this was TERRIBLE. I mean I hated the books but UGH. Dimitri = worst casting choice ever. It wasn’t even laughably bad like Shadowhunters. Just bad. (1/5)
Through My Speakers
In Real Life
- The month started off with a surprise at work – our CEO does this thing where he wants to help people cross stuff off their bucket lists as a reward for hard work… And so out of nowhere I got three driving lessons. I have my TX Driver’s License, but I haven’t driven in like 8 years, and everything here is stick shift, so I do need lessons. They went well, so that’s one step closer to getting my license here. 🙂
- I got my new chair. This deserves its own point because this chair is amazing.
- August is BIRTH MONTH. Seriously though. My mom’s birthday happened – and we had a lovely day in Utrecht with a boat ride and a nice dinner. My birthday happened – and I turned the big 2 – 5. My mom treated me to Beauty & the Beast the musical, and it was AMAZING. She even hooked us up with champagne in the intermission and a 5 course meal afterwards. Perfection! And last Tuesday was the biffle’s birthday, so we had a delightful dinner with his brother and his brother’s girlfriend. I laughed so hard I was practically in tears.
- Last weekend we had another book club sleepover and it was super fun. We went Pokéhunting, and Mel and I conquered gyms. We watched truly bad YA adaptions of bad YA books. We did not read like at all. And we ate all the things.
- Aside from all of these fun things, I also spent this month adding some things to my routine: Blogilates (which kind of stuck a little bit) and learning Spanish via Duolingo (that went much better – only missed 1 day). I’m starting to freak out about my trip to Cuba because I am so not prepared.