This is a meme from The Broke and the Bookish. For info about the topics and how to participate, click here.I’m actually extremely humbled by this topic, because it made me realize that… I don’t actually have that many books that I’m dying to get my hands on right now. That’s due to a combination of the fact that I have disposable income now and buy more than I should, but also that I have the things that I really want to read but just need to make more time to read them.
As such I kind of gave the topic another, fancier name. (Also because, hello, birth month – I’m in no position to buy things off of my own wishlist right now.) ANYWAY, TO THE BOOKS!
The Ten Books at the TOP of My Wishlist Right Now
1. The Circle by Mats Strandberg and Sara Bergmark Elfgren: This one’s been on my list for a while. It’s not well known, but Samantha Shannon raves about it like ALL the time. And I do want more good witchy books. I’m very very curious, but haven’t quite given myself the push to buy it yet.
2. The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You by Lily Anderson: I blame Morgan. But seriously, this sounds adorable. It is very high on my wishlist/to-buy list – just as soon as I run out of fluff.
3. Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: Having read Matson’s latest this year, I’m fully convinced this author is made of magic and I must catch up on her backlist. This one seems the cuter one of the two. I WANT IT VERY VERY MUCH.
4. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: Second verse, same as the first. This one seems to be the heaviest of her books, which makes me a tiny bit nervous, but she’s consistently drawn me in with her characters and her FEELS till now, so I have faith.
5. The Fourth Wish by Lindsay Ribar: I swear this book has been on at least 4 or 5 Top Ten Tuesday lists so far as being one of those books I need to read but haven’t gotten around to; a series I definitely want to finish, but need an extra push. Owning it would be a great next step 😉
6. Something Real by Heather Demetrios: This one’s been a long time coming. Everyone raved about this book when it came out, but I kind of missed the boat. The reality TV aspect definitely draws me in though, and I got a great sense of Demetrios’s writing prowess (especially RE: romance) in Exquisite Captive.
7. Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein: This one recently came out but it sounds SUPER ADORABLE and Christina gave it her stamp of approval. Let’s be real, we align like 99% on fluff. I did have a chance to get a review copy of this but couldn’t fit it in my schedule, so I passed. I kind of regret that.
8. The Prom Goer’s Interstellar Excursion by Chris McCoy: This book is super unknown but it sounds utterly HILARIOUS, like almost a YA Hitchhiker’s Guide feel. I’m definitely interested. I’ve only suggested it to book club like 3 times, but they haven’t taken the bait yet. 🙁
9. The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson: So this one just came out TODAY, and I *just* barely decided not to pre-order it. I don’t know why. I’m very anxious to know how this series ends. So yes, I will get my hands on it soon one way or another.
10. Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum: Yep, another fluff pick. Because right now I am only in the mood for fluff, and this is one of the most highly recommended titles of the year. Also: WAFFLES. Yes please.